- More than 40 million people in the United States suffer from varicose veins.
- Almost 50% of varicose vein patients have a family history of varicose veins.
- If both parents have varicose veins, your chances to develop the disease are close to 90%.
- If one parent is affected, daughters have a 60% chance while sons have a 25% chance of developing the disease.
- The prevalence of varicose veins is greater in women (55%) compared to men (45%)
- It is estimated that 41% of women over the age of 50 have varicose veins.
- It is estimated that 50% of the US population over 50 years old has varicose veins.
- Women who are moderately overweight (BMI 25-29.9) have a 50% increased risk of developing varicose veins compared to women who are not overweight. Women with a BMI greater than 30 are three times as likely to develop varicose veins.
GET IN TOUCH
Chicago Vein Institute is a practice solely dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases. The experts at CVI perform the latest and most effective treatments for painful varicose veins, spider veins, and other vein-related disorders. CVI offers minimally invasive treatment options, including Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA), Ambulatory Phlebectomy, Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy, Surface Sclerotherapy, Elastic Compression Stockings and wound care for venous ulcers, performing more than 8,000 vein-related procedures annually. Visit our sister brand, Chicago Cosmetic Institute, offering a full array of medical spa services including CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Botox, chemical peels and more.