If you’re thinking about vein treatment in Chicago, you have many qualified vein doctors just outside your door. But before your visit, here are two things to keep in mind:
- Be ready to honestly answer the questions the doctor will ask
- Be sure the doctor determines if you are a good candidate for vein treatment by performing an ultrasound exam to pinpoint the exact cause of your vein problem
Common questions a vein doctor in Chicago will ask
Depending on what type of vein you want treated, the questions asked will vary. For instance, for spider veins (thin veins you can see near the surface of the skin on the legs, feet, and face), your doctor may ask questions like:
- Have you suffered any injuries to the area the spider veins are occurring?
- Do you spend a lot of time in the sun?
- Have you explored ways to reduce the appearance of spider veins by losing weight, exercising or wearing compression stockings?
- Do you have a positive outlook and realistic expectations for improvement?
- Can you follow through with the aftercare instructions?
For varicose veins, your doctor will look for characteristics like:
- Large veins that bulge into the surface of the skin
- Veins that are red, swollen, tender or warm to the touch
- A varicose vein that has begun to bleed
Then, he or she will likely ask you:
- Do varicose veins run in your family?
- Has the skin over your varicose veins recently changed in texture or color?
- Are you feeling pain, aching, cramping, fatigue or heaviness in your legs?
- Have you tried more conservative management techniques such as losing weight, being more active and wearing compression garments?
The vein doctors Chicagoans trust for real results
At Chicago Vein Institute, we are singularly focused on diagnosing and treating vein diseases. Led by Dr. Mensur O. Sunje, a board-certified phlebologist, our vein specialists practice the most advanced treatments and technology to provide the highest standard of vein care in Chicago. It’s time to look and feel your best — give us a call today.
GET IN TOUCH
Chicago Vein Institute is a practice solely dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases. The experts at CVI perform the latest and most effective treatments for painful varicose veins, spider veins, and other vein-related disorders. CVI offers minimally invasive treatment options, including Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA), Ambulatory Phlebectomy, Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy, Surface Sclerotherapy, Elastic Compression Stockings and wound care for venous ulcers, performing more than 8,000 vein-related procedures annually. Visit our sister brand, Chicago Cosmetic Institute, offering a full array of medical spa services including CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Botox, chemical peels and more.