Varicose veins are a vein disorder affecting millions of Americans every year. It’s the most frequent thing we take care of for patients. The problem can be strictly on the surface or can be causing them pain and discomfort.
Either way, they are totally removable with advanced procedures like the ones we offer here at CVI.
Here are some statistics and facts that you may not have known about varicose veins.
- More than 40 million people in the United States suffer from varicose veins.
- Almost 50% of varicose vein patients have a family history of varicose veins.
- If both parents have varicose veins, your chances to develop the disease are close to 90%.
- If one parent is affected, daughters have a 60% chance while sons have a 25% chance of developing the disease.
- The prevalence of varicose veins is greater in women (55%) compared to men (45%)
- It is estimated that 41% of women over the age of 50 have varicose veins.
- It is estimated that 50% of the US population over 50 years old has varicose veins.
- Women who are moderately overweight (BMI 25-29.9) have a 50% increased risk of developing varicose veins compared to women who are not overweight. Women with a BMI greater than 30 are three times as likely to develop varicose veins.
ACP Microsite. Web. <http://www.healthyveins.org/>.
ACP Microsite. Web. <http://www.phlebology.org/>.
Specialized Varicose Vein Doctors in Chicago
If you need help with your veins or just want to talk about your options, we are here to help you anytime that you need. We have two convenient locations in North Center as well as Downtown Chicago to service you locally wherever you might be.
Learn more about the services we offer by calling our North Center location at 773-231-9884 or our Downtown Chicago location at 312-234-0750
2333 W. Irving Park Rd.
Chicago, IL 60618
*Free Parking Behind Building
6050 Sterling Creek Rd.
Portage, IN 46368
*Free Parking Available
See Portage Indiana Office Hours
Chicago Vein Institute is a practice solely dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases. The experts at CVI perform the latest and most effective treatments for painful varicose veins, spider veins, and other vein-related disorders. CVI offers minimally invasive treatment options, including Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA), Ambulatory Phlebectomy, Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy, Surface Sclerotherapy, Elastic Compression Stockings and wound care for venous ulcers, performing more than 11,000 vein-related procedures annually.