We hope you are staying healthy and happy. This message is to notify you that our clinic is open as of today at a limited capacity. It is essential that our patients continue to receive proper medical attention and follow-ups during these times.
If you would like to schedule an appointment please reach out and call
For all patients who come in for an appointment, we are taking great measures to maximize the safety of all of our staff, patients, and providers:
All staff is screened for COVID-19 daily and clinical staff has been tested and will continue to be tested routinely to ensure safety:
- All staff and providers are wearing proper protective equipment.
- All patients are given surgical masks unless they have their own.
- Appointment volume has been reduced this month to allow social distancing and safety for all.
- All exam rooms are cleaned between each and every visit.
- All surfaces throughout the practice are cleaned regularly throughout the day with medical-grade disinfectant.
- All who enter are asked screening questions and have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Appropriate distances are marked on the floors throughout the clinic. Please respect and abide by these markers.
- Hand sanitizers are available in the waiting rooms and patient rooms.
- All magazines, promotional material, and refreshments have been removed from common areas.
- The clinic will be deep cleaned every evening after patient care.
Due to the ongoing situation of COVID-19, our office is taking extra precautions to make sure our patients, staff, and community stay healthy and safe. As a practice, we will continue to follow the guidelines recommended by the CDC and IDPH to avoid transmission of the coronavirus. Please consider what is essential in the request for scheduling appointments. Please also consider what you do outside of the office and to continue to practice safe social distancing.
In addition to the precautions Chicago Vein Institute is taking, we are asking our patients to please follow these precautions for their visit:
1) Have you been sick, have a new or unexplained rash, or traveled out of the state in the last 14 days? Contact us if you have recently been sick or have displayed any symptoms of illness in the last 14 days (fever, chills, cough, headaches, fatigue, loss of taste, loss of smell), if you have been in contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or has been asked to quarantine, or if you had any travel outside of the state within the last 14 days. We will be screening all patients prior to their appointment to ensure they can be seen. We will also be taking temperatures of all patients at the time of checking in for an appointment. If you have a fever we will reschedule your visit.
2) Please come alone to your appointment. Unless you are a parent or legal guardian of the minor being seen, or a caretaker for another individual who requires support, we ask that you bring no other guests or children to the visit to minimize unnecessary exposure. Those accompanying you to an appointment will also be required to have the same level of screening completed. Any additional guests will be asked to wait outside of our building. We are happy to reschedule if you are not able to make arrangements for this.
3) Arrive at your appointment on time. Please check the time of your appointment in your confirmation message. Do not arrive too early or late for your appointment. This is very important to make sure we are moving patients through their appointments consistently to negate any wait time in the building.
4) A mask will be required. Per CDC requirements, please make sure to wear a cloth mask when in transit and when you are in the building for optimal safety. This is added protection for our staff and other patients.
5) Maintain a safe distance. Please make sure you are maintaining a safe distance of six feet from all patients and staff while in the office. Seating will be adjusted for this in the event anyone has to wait to be seen (which we are trying to avoid if at all possible).
We are asking all patients to comply with the above requests in order to be seen for their appointment and minimize the time at the clinic. Our goal is to get every patient into their exam room straight upon arriving and immediately out the door after their visit. We must have each patients’ support by following the above guidelines in order to accomplish this as safely as possible.
Thank you for trusting us with your vein care needs.
Please do not hesitate to give us a call at (773) 231-9884.